About Spring Writes
About Spring Writes!
The annual Spring Writes Literary Festival takes place in various downtown Ithaca locations from May 2nd to May 5th, 2019, and features over 43 literary themed events! Check out the schedule!
Events include panels and workshops geared towards emerging and established writers - and events such as readings, performances, play readings, performances and fun stuff that are also of interest to the general public. Now in its 10th year, the Festival has evolved into an amazing slate of events, curated by this year's Artistic Director, Kathryn Henion (www.kathrynhenion.com)!
Buy a Button to Support the Festival!
This is a free festival, but we do need income from button sales (to pay artists)!
PLEASE buy a button you are supporting this amazing event.
$5 minimum - feel free to donate more!
Buttons are for sale now at the Downtown Visitor Center at 110 N. Tioga Street, Buffalo Street Books in the DeWitt Mall
Buttons will also be for sale at all 43 Spring Writes events.
The following incentives (here as .pdf) are available from May 2nd through 5th if you are wearing your button!
- Autumn Leaves Used Books, 115 E. State/MLK Jr. Street (on the Commons). 10% off all merchandise.
- Buffalo Street Books, 215 N. Cayuga St (DeWitt Mall, Entrance of Buffalo St). Ithaca’s cooperatively owned independent bookstore. 15% off your purchase. buffalostreetbooks.com
- Cinemapolis (Ithaca’s independent movie theatre), 120 E. Green St. Tickets are $6 tickets (discount from $9 ticket fee) on Saturday, May 4th, 2pm: screening of “Worlds of Ursula Le Guin” (See schedule) Cinemapolis.org
- Downtown Visitor Center (visitor information and gift shop) Tompkins Center for History & Culture, 110 N. Tioga Street (on the Commons) 10% off your purchase, exclusions apply. VisitIthaca.com / Gorgesgear.com
- Home Green Home (green living goods) 215 E. State/MLK Jr. Street (on the Commons). 15% off books, notebooks & journals. HomeGreenHome.com
- Ithaca Coffee Company (coffee, baked goods, homebrewing supplies), downtown location at 311 E Green Street only. 10% all café items. IthacaCoffee.com
- Kilpatrick’s Restaurant & Bar (Irish-inspired fare in friendly pub with wood booths, stone fireplace, weekly trivia & karaoke!) 130 E. Seneca St, corner Seneca & Tioga. 20% off your bill. Kilpatrickspub.com
- Mimi’s Attic (Stylish & Used Items for the Home) & Mama Goose (Gently-used children's clothing and other stuff Mamas need), 430 W. State/MLK Jr. Street. 10% off all purchases mimisatticithaca.com / mamagooseithaca.com
The Community Arts Partnership
CAP organized the first Spring Writes Festival in 2009 at the request of New York State Council on the Arts. Staff at NYSCA knew that there was a wealth of writers in our region, but no formal writing organization to apply to NYSCA for funding. The resulting festival retains its original mission to celebrate and showcase local (Finger Lakes Region) writers and to introduce them to new audiences. "CAP" also runs the Greater Ithaca Art Trail, the Ithaca Artist Market (July 19), has 5 grant programs for arts programming, and provides professional development for artists through workshops and networking events! Check out CAP at www.artspartner.org