Who We Are
For over 27 years, our Grants, Programs, and Services Have Been a driving force behnd the vibrant arts community of Ithaca and Tompkins County.
The Community Arts Partnership strengthens the arts in Tompkins County by providing services and resources for artists and arts groups, and leads collaboration among the arts, government, education, business, and the community at large.
Our Latest Messages and News
Connecting Artists and Audiences
An annual summer Ithaca Artist Market, the May Spring Writes Literary Festival (which happened virtually in November, The CAP ArtSpace Gallery, and the Greater Ithaca Art Trail are all CAP programs.
Funding the Arts in Tompkins County
Securing, administering, and distributing grant funding to artists and arts organizations is at the heart of our work. We have six grant programs, and have administered over 5.6 million dollars over the past 27 years to artists, arts organizations, and not for profits for public programming, career opportunities and school residencies.
Helping Artists Make a Life in Tompkins County
There are over 1,000 artists each year that benefit from CAP and that number continues to grow. Along with our funding programs, we offer professional development workshops,networking events, a consultant program, an on-line artist database, and meet with artist daily to provide support, advice, brainstorming and connections to area resources. CAP is proud to assist local artists in producing the creative work that so enriches our community.
CAP By The Numbers
* To date, CAP has helped to distribute more than $5.65 million in grants and fellowships into the hands of local artists, arts organizations, and not-for-profits doing arts programming.
* Grants in 2020 went to Arts Organizations, Not-For-Profits doings programming, individual artists, and artist residencies.
* Annual 2020 funding went to 15% visual artists and galleries, 70% performing artists and organizations doing performing arts programming, and 15% writers and writing organizations.
* 60 Artists received emergency grant funding of $11,875 in 2020.
* Since 1999, 29,000 visitors have enjoyed the Greater Ithaca Art Trail. 750 artists have earned $875,000.
* Since 1996, 48,000 visitors have attended the Ithaca Artists Markets. And 1,800 artists have earned over $1,000,000.
* Since 2010, 780 authors and playwrights have presented their work to 9,800 regional and worldwide visitors at the Spring Writes Literary Festival.