CAP-a-Palooza Art Sale
An annual fundraiser of previously-owned art donated by you - community members!
What is the CAP-a-Palooza Art Sale Extraordinaire?
CAP-a-Palooza is an fundraiser for the Community Arts Partnership, held annually in December.
We collect previously owned art from community members and then sell it at affordable prices.
Not only do hundreds of people find joy in bringing home cool, vintage, eclectic, fun or contemporary art at great prices, but community members also got to feel good about donating their items to a good cause. Much of the art we collect was inherited or downsized.
(Art that doesn't sell is donated to local not-for-profits.)
2023 DONATION DATES: NOVEMBER 28 & 29
We love donations of art that has been previously owned. (We don't ask local artists to donate their own work.)
Donations can be dropped off at our CAP ArtSpace on Tuesday, November 28th or Wednesday, November 29th. Times TBA.
Donated art can be art you inherited, received as gifts, or brought home from travels. It can be art you don't enjoy, or need to downsize. If it is languishing in your closets or attics, we may love it.
- Framed or matted art, originals or prints.
- Sculptures (small), embroidery, pottery, fiber work, and other functional art.
- Old and new work. (We love cool and funky vintage stuff!)
- Art that is in good shape (no mold, no broken parts)
- Cleaned Donations: If you can save us time and bring in cleaned donations, we would be grateful!
- Information and Stories: (Totally optional, but greatI) You may have information about your donations that could help them sell. If you can decipher a hard-to-read signature, have interesting stories about the work, or where you purchased it, it would be wonderful if you could type or write that down and attach it to the work. Short is best: i.e. "Aunt Ginny made this in her 1963 still life class."
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
(Note: There may be exceptions if something is fabulous. Contact info below)
- Rolled up work.
- Loose posters or posters on foam core, unless framed
- Work that is not framed or matted. No loose 2D art unless on very thick paper.
- Work that has mold, has broken glass, or broken frames.
- Work that weighs over 30 pounds and/or can not fit into the back of an average car.
2023 CAP-a-Palooza Sale Dates
Opens on Gallery Night, Friday, December 1st, 4pm to 8pm
Then open on many dates through December 23.
The ArtSpace is located in the Tompkins Center for History and Culture, 110 N. Tioga Street, on the downtown Ithaca Commons.
The ArtSpace shares the main floor with The History Center and Visitor Center.
Robin Schwartz, Program Director: Questions?...
We thank our generous annual sponsor for this event! Thank you so much, Coughlin and Gerhart