All about CAP
For 30 years, our Grants, Programs, and Services have been a driving force behind the vibrant arts community of Ithaca and Tompkins County.
Our 2021 Annual Report
The Message from our Executive Director and our Year in Review is inspiring.
See it all in this attached PDF
Join our Mailing List!
for our monthly ArtsLetters and Event e-mails. Join Here
Megan Barber, Executive Director
607-273-5072, ext. 19
Robin Schwartz, Program Director
John Saunders, President
Hardy Griffin, Vice President
Kathryn Henion, Secretary
Our Mission and Programs
The Community Arts Partnership strengthens the arts in Tompkins County by providing services and resources for artists and arts groups, and leads collaboration among the arts, government, education, business, and the community at large.
Connecting Artists and Audiences
Funding the Arts in Tompkins County
We have six grant programs, and have distributed over 5.6 million sine 1993 to artists, arts organizations, and not for profits for public programming, artist career opportunities, and school residencies.
Helping Artists Make a Life in Tompkins County
There are over 1,000 artists each year that benefit from CAP and that number continues to grow. CAP is proud to assist local artists in producing the creative work that so enriches our community.
CAP By The Numbers
* To date, CAP has helped to distribute more than $5.65 million in grants and fellowships into the hands of local artists, arts organizations, and not-for-profits doing arts programming.
* Grants in 2020 went to Arts Organizations, Not-For-Profits doings programming, individual artists, and artist residencies.
* Annual 2020 funding went to 15% visual artists and galleries, 70% performing artists and organizations doing performing arts programming, and 15% writers and writing organizations.
* 60 Artists received emergency grant funding of $11,875 in 2020.
* Since 1999, 29,000 visitors have enjoyed the Greater Ithaca Art Trail. 750 artists have earned $875,000.
* Since 1996, 48,000 visitors have attended the Ithaca Artists Markets. And 1,800 artists have earned over $1,000,000.
* Since 2010, 780 authors and playwrights have presented their work to 9,800 regional and worldwide visitors at the Spring Writes Literary Festival.